Cranial Sacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle, non-invasive, hands-on technique, developed by an American osteopathic physician almost one hundred years ago.
CST is based on the understanding that cranial bones are in continuous micro movements. This movement results in a rhythm, that expands and contracts 6-12 times every minute, similar to our breathing. This rhythm corresponds to the movement of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) within the spinal cord and brain. The CSF baths all the nervous system tissues and functions to keep our brain and spinal nerves healthy. The subtle movements created by the cranial rhythm extend outward to the entire body, in a “pulse like” fashion, in response to the fluid pressure changes around the Central Nervous System.
During CST the whole body including the spine, the skull, and its cranial sutures, and fascia are evaluated and supported to release restriction, scar tissue and dysfunctional patterning. The treatment helps to re-establish communication between all the organs, cells, tissues and physiologic systems. CST provides an opportunity for full body alignment, which results in relief of pain, increase fluid movement in joints, fascia and other tissues, optimal nervous system functioning and relief from many symptoms related to restrictions that were released. CST is an exceptionally calming and awakening experience that builds body awareness.
Cranio Sacral Therapy is beneficial for all ages from Infant to the Elderly
CST has been very helpful in the following conditions:
• Birth traumas and other perinatal challenges;
• Infant latching and feeding difficulties;
• Recurrent ear infections;
• Facial asymmetries and eye motor problems;
• Learning disabilities, A.D.D., A.D.H.D;
• Gross and fine motor problems;
• Developmental delays, autism;
• Concussion, and post concussion symptoms;
• Tinnitus, hearing loss and vertigo;
• TMJ syndrome;
• Stress disorders and insomnia;
• Muscle and joint pain or injury; and
• Many neurological conditions and pain syndromes.
Spinal column and cranium structure with their interconnected dura layers
Copyright © 2019 Finding Wellness - All Rights Reserved.